Friday, 29 June 2012

Chemical pregnancy

Unfortunately my blood test today confirmed that it was a chemical pregnancy. I'm okay, I think. I'm not sure what to do now. I just want everything to freeze in time, so I can deal with everything and get myself okay with where this is all at.

Wednesday, 27 June 2012

8dp5dt, Beta day

So I'm a little bit pregnant. Not enough really though. My beta was 7. Which basically translates to a chemical pregnancy.

I did a test on Monday morning which was negative, and then on a whim tested again that night which had the faintest of lines. More tests the next day and the line was still faint but definitely there.

I'm upset, but I have pretty much accepted that it is a chemical pregnancy. My Mum and Murray are both holding out hope that it is just a late starter but I don't think it is. I have to go for another blood test on Friday to see what my hcg level is so we will know then.

Sunday, 24 June 2012


For those that aren't au fait with IVF lingo, 5dp5dt means it has been five days past our five day old embryo transfer. 10 days post ovulation. Usually I would have tested today but I am trying to hold out for the blood test. My official test day is Thursday but I have a work commitment that morning, so am going to see if I can bring it forward to Wednesday, which isn't that far away I guess.

I had a headache today which left me in bed for most of the day. I'm trying to avoid taking any unnecessary medication so skipped the paracetemol and tried to sleep it out. It's still hanging around, but I feel better now that I've been up and about. Murray went into the clinic today to meet with the counsellor to have a chat about a few things, mainly coping mechanisms in the event that this cycle fails.

I think we are both in a bit of a rut at the moment. It doesn't help that our dogs have been absolute shots lately- escaping by digging under the fence practically everyday. So then we lock the dogs inside during the day and we come home to 'accidents' throughout the house, which is enough to set anyone's nerves on edge. Hopefully we can sort that out soon and have one less thing to worry us.

I'm starting to get really scared about this cycle not working. I know the odds are against us, better than what they have been with our last cycle but still, at around 30%, we are still odds on to get a negative result. This month marks six years of trying to have a baby and its still a struggle to cope with infertility, sometimes it's a day-by-day thing, other times I can pass a week or two without a negative thought crossing my mind. But it's always there, in my heart, that desire to have a child of our own to love and adore.

Three more days...

Wednesday, 20 June 2012

'Honey' - FET #6, IVF #16

So yesterday we had our frozen embryo transfer, sorry to keep everyone hanging on the news! Our blastocyst defrosted really well and continued to grow, and even our fertility specialist mentioned how good our embryo looked on the screen. I have a picture of it on my phone but can't seem to upload it on my iPad.

In keeping with tradition, we have named the embryo - this little one is called Honey, named by my girlfriends who kept me company via Facebook chat during the transfer procedure. We hope this little Honey is just as sticky as its namesake.

Blood test is next Thursday, Please, please, please!

Monday, 18 June 2012

Transfer tomorrow

Got the call this afternoon- my transfer will be tomorrow morning at 8.45am! I have to be at the clinic at 8am, so another early morning for me. Unfortunately Murray can't take time off work at the moment, so I'll be doing the transfer by myself which is a little scary. I've done it before alone, but I still prefer Murray to be there with me.


Sunday, 17 June 2012

Transfer cancelled, for now

So our second little embie survived the thaw but didn't develop at all over the 24 hours since, so our transfer for today has been cancelled. We got the call at 8am from the embryologist, to be honest I expected that it was coming so I'm not too upset.

Instead they are going to defrost our last embie (a blastocyst) and we will transfer on Tuesday. This is the last of the three we were given from the clinic, so I am nervous, but at the same time I still have great hopes for our last little embryo.

Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Day 13- Trigger happy

So today is trigger day! After five days of blood tests, resulting in a nasty bruise down my right arm, I had my scan today which sowed three follicles ready to pop, so I had my trigger injection this afternoon. That means ovulation on Thursday, progesterone pessaries start on Friday, embryo thawed Saturday and transfer on Sunday. If our embryo doesn't show any signs of development after being thawed, we will cancel transfer and instead thaw our blast embryo in Monday for transfer in Tuesday. 

I have a really good feeling about this cycle. I just pray that we get to transfer a live embryo this time.

Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Day 7 already

Day 7 already, my first blood test is on Friday and I imagine at that point we start the bloods/scans/trigger/transfer merry go round again.

The last week has been pretty good, I've bounced back really well which I'm happy about. I spent the weekend in Bunbury serving as church coordinator for State Youth Games which is a great sports event for around 1000 16-28 year olds. I had to deal with a lot of teen angst but overall we had a great time. I got to play beach volleyball, dodgeball, ultimate frisbee and entered the fishing competition (I caught a bream and a whiting!)

Work is really busy but it's keeping me occupied which I am grateful for. So nothing else really to report, just plodding along until this cycle gets to the interesting part!